GE SmartScore 4.0 CALCIUM SCORE
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WORLD-CLASS ATHLETE
TO RECEIVE WORLD-CLASS CARE.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Advanced Visualization SmartScore 4.0 is designed to identify the presence of regional and global coronary artery calcification from a CT scan, then measure and score the results. Scores can be calculated using a standard Agatston/Janowitz (AJ) method. When correlated with a patient’s personal information, the score can yield an estimation of a patients risk for coronary artery disease.
GE SMARTSCORE 4.0
Cardiovascular disease remains one of the most common health issues in the world today. As with many conditions, early detection and patient risk assessment are vital to preventing or minimizing long-term negative effects. But many cases of this disease aren’t diagnosed until the patient presents with symptoms. Conventional procedures to assess risk can be expensive, time consuming, and uncomfortable. An accessible, patient-friendly risk assessment method could help clinicians devise a regimen for their patients that might lessen the chance for serious cardiac events.
- Non-invasive alternative to conventional assessment procedures
- Score can be correlated to age group cohort to detemine patient’s risk per population
- Provides information on coronary artery wall calcium plaque buildup
- Automatically detects calcium and highlights it in green
- Streamlines workflow by networking patient demographics from CT scanner directly to SmartScore Program
- Free Hand Trace let you outline specific ROIs
- Patients can continue taking any current medications as normal and for most MRI exams there are no restrictions on food or drink. Exceptions will be specified by your physician or MRI technologist.
- Because some metals interfere with the function of the MRI, patients are screened by the MRI staff. Please inform the staff of any metal you may have in your body.
- Please inform your physician and the imaging facility if you have any allergies, especially to gadolinium. Women should always inform their physician and MRI technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant.
- Non-invasive alternative to conventional assessment procedures.
- Score can be correlated to age group cohort to determine patient’s risk per population.
- Provides information on coronary artery wall calcium plaque buildup.
- Automatically detects calcium and highlights it in green.
- Streamlines workflow by networking patient demographics from CT scanner directly to SmartScore program.
- Free Hand Trace lets you outline specific ROIs.
Blue Star Imaging | At The Star
3800 Gaylord Parkway, Ste. 150 Frisco, TX 75034 (972) 497-4100