GE DXA TECHNOLOGY
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WORLD-CLASS ATHLETE
TO RECEIVE WORLD-CLASS CARE.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The DXA Technology from GE Healthcare is built on a strong foundation of superior technology keeping the patient in mind. Our technology results in higher precision and accuracy, while keeping dosage to the minimum. Thousands of physicians and technologists trust and deploy our DXA technology in numerous research and clinical applications.
- You should not take calcium supplements for at least 24 hours before your exam. Continue taking your other medications as normal unless specified by your physician.
- There are no restrictions prior to your bone density scan on what you may eat or drink. Exceptions will be specified by your physician.
- Inform your technologist if you recently had a barium examination or have been injected with a contrast material for a computed tomography(CT) scan or radioisotope scan(nuclear medicine). You may have to wait 10 to 14 days before undergoing a DEXA test.
- Women should always inform their technologist if there is any possibility of pregnancy. Many imaging tests are not performed during pregnancy as to not expose the fetus to unnecessary radiation. If an x-ray is necessary, precautions will be taken to minimize radiation exposure to the baby.
- 450lb Weight Limit
- Narrow Fan Beam Scan
- Multi-View Image reconstruction (MVIR)
- Low Scattered Radiation
- Photon Counting Detector
- K-edge Filter
- Multi-User Database Access (MUDBA)
- Automatic Scan Mode Detection
Blue Star Imaging | At The Star
3800 Gaylord Parkway, Ste. 150 Frisco, TX 75034 (972) 497-4100